Friday, January 24, 2014

Marilyn Abellana Suico

Marilyn Abellana Suico 

July-August 2013


Thank God It's Friday

Thank God It's Friday is what they say
The last day of work and a time to play
An evening in an Izakaya or Karaoke
Or do shopping if my budget would guarantee.

It has been like this for many workers in Japan
Especially during those bubble days though they are gone
But the samurais never get tired
A kind of spirit that many of them are wired.

I may have become one of them a long time ago
I hate to admit it but just let it flow
Izakaya or Karaoke are still fun I must say
But only if good friends and nice people are in company.

As I am putting into words what I am feeling
The sight of grilled fish, spare ribs and cocktail drinks are truly inviting
After work today a good friend I am going to meet
Now who could resist a real TGIF treat.

- With a good friend one fine Friday evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment